Sophie joined Kennedy Van der Laan in 2008, after obtaining a PhD in law at the Radboud University Nijmegen. She specializes in intellectual property law, with a focus on copyright and database law as well as the protection of technology. Sophie has a broad experience in contract drafting, advisory work and litigation in these areas. She further has extensive knowledge in the field of competition law. Her dissertation, “Refusal to license as the abuse of a dominant position” (“Licentieweigering als misbruik van machtspositie”) deals with the intersection between intellectual property law and competition law.
Sophie regularly lectures and publishes within her field of expertise and is a member of the editorial board of the academic journal AMI on copyright and information rights.
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Internet Law
- Law, Radboud University Nijmegen, 2000
- Doctor of Law, Radboud University Nijmegen, 2008
- Member of the Netherlands Copyright Association
- Member of the Benelux Association of Trademark and Design Law
- Member of Licensing Executives Society (“LES”) Benelux
- Editor of AMI (“Tijdschrift voor auteurs-, media- & informatierecht”)