Joran advises and litigates in Kennedy Van der Laan’s IP and media practice. He specializes in internet and technology and is particularly experienced in e-commerce, protection and commercialization of technology and online copyright and database rights. Joran is a member of Kennedy Van der Laan’s media and gaming regulatory practice group and its German Desk.
Joran graduated from Utrecht University and specialized in intellectual property law, media law and ICT law at the University of Amsterdam and the George Washington University (Munich Program). Before and during his studies Joran worked as a software designer for an information consultancy business, where he gained a lot of experience in the IT and media industry.
Besides his legal work, Joran still likes to design and code. He is the designer and administrator of our weblog Media Report and is one of the content editors of this site. Further, Joran is a member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES), Dutch Media and Communication Law Association (VMC) and the Dutch Copyright Law Association (VVA).
- Intellectual Property
- LLM Information law, University of Amsterdam (IvIR), 2010
- LLM European law (commercial legal practice), Utrecht University, 2009
- LLB Private law, Utrecht University, 2008
- Munich Intellectual Property Summer Program 2010, George Washington University, Max Planck Institute, Munich
- Member of the Dutch Copyright Law Association Copyright (VVA)
- Member of the Netherlands Association for Media and Communication Law (VMC)